Depression is a mood disorder marked by persistent feelings of sadness and loss of interest in things that were once considered pleasurable. Depression is more than feeling sad. It affects how you think, feel, and behave, lasting for weeks on end and sometimes longer.
Major depression is one of the most common mental illnesses in the United States.
Sign and Symptoms
- Feeling hopeless, helpless and/or worthless
- Feeling low, sad, anxious, “numb” or “empty”
- Difficulty sleeping to include difficulty falling asleep, staying asleep and/or getting out of bed
- Decreased energy and fatigue
- Change in appetite and/or weight
- Thoughts of death or suicide and suicide attempts
Risk Factors for Depression
- Family history of depression
- Major life changes, trauma, and/or stress
- Physical illnesses
Revive Wellness offers in-person and telehealth appointments based on your preference and availability.
Telehealth is provided on a HIPAA compliant, user friendly, video platform.